DIGNITY: We affirm the dignity and self worth of each individual and honour and respect their rights.
LEARNING: We believe in and encourage continual learning and growth for ourselves and for young women and girls.
COURAGE: We affirm and value the courage and determination of young women to persevere and gain control over their own lives.
COMMITMENT & DEDICATION: We are focused on our strategic direction and achievement of positive outcomes for girls and young women.
RESPECT: We believe in everyone’s right to be respected regardless of differences.
INTEGRITY: We aim to exemplify integrity in our work.
UNITY: We strive to eliminate the barriers that divide us.
PARTNERSHIPS: We believe in collaboration and bringing people together to achieve a common goal.
Gashanti UNITY represents a voice for racialized, young women. We aim to enhance the ability for girls and young women’s to gain control over their lives by:
- Promoting social, emotional and behavioural competencies.
- Enhancing girls and young women’s resiliency by building their self esteem.
- Building life-skills, values and ethics, family involvement, mentor relationships and community attachments.
- Provide alternative activities and opportunities for law-abiding, drug-free behaviours, such as basketball activities, creative art, and more.
- Address underlying precursors of drug abuse and delinquency.
- Providing education and job skills training by linking to appropriate agencies.